My Family

My Family

Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Begininng....

Derak and I started dating when I turned 16. We met on my 16th birthday. That day was the worst birthday I had ever had. We had to bury one of my good friends, Jamie, who had died in a car accident. I didn't want to celebrate my birthday on such a bad day, but my friends insisted on at least taking me for ice cream. So, I decided to go with them and that's when I met the most handsome boy that I had always dreamed about. :) He was the manager of Dairy Queen and was working when we decided to go in. We hit it off right away (he definitely knew the way to my heart...he made the best blizzard I had ever had! LOL) and we talked for a while until I had to go.

The next weekend I was going to the movies with friends and we ended up running into Derak right before we were going to go. Alicia, my best friend, told him he had to go with me because I didn't have a date and everyone else did. So, even though I don't think it took much convincing, he ended up driving me to the movies. I will never forget the movie we saw, YES we WATCHED the movie :). Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star. LOL

On the way home he asked me to homecoming that was a few weeks away and I guess the rest is history. I never imagined that one day I would end up marrying him, buying a house and business with him, and having a baby with him. We just never had a reason to break up. I love him with all my heart and I can't imagine life without him.
:)


OLDIE!


2 comments:

  1. I love how you say, "We just never had a reason to break up"...LOL...I am glad you didn't!! We are so blessed to have you in our family. Thank you for taking such good care of Derak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww! Thank you Melissa! I'm glad that I am part of your family!! I'm lucky! And, I think that Derak takes more care of me than I of him! LOL

    ReplyDelete